Sunday, October 13, 2013

The War With Holiday Weight

Well fall is finally here and with it comes cravings. Foods that I have not given much thought over the last few months suddenly clog my mind. So I've decided, I need a plan! If I don't want to undo in 3 months what took 10 months to get then I'll need to walk cautiously into the holiday season. 

I've decided on 5 goals for myself that I want to pray about and with the Lords help will conquer over the next few months. 


Goal 1: drink more water. 
           I have had a huge issue with not drinking enough water lately. And this is nothing new. Usually at this time of year I start wanting only a hot cup of something.  Coffee, cocoa, tea... Anything but what my body really needs. I've got to hydrate myself so my body can function properly. (I think I can, I think I can)

Goal 2: run my butt off. 
            Lately my "running" (if you can even call it that) has been pathetic. I've hit a bump in the road and am slowing Jason down more and more each morning. I want to be able to encourage/push him the way he pushes me! 
***side note*** I love all things photography. So when I heard about this picture idea on Pinterest to take pictures of your running shoes in different places thoughout the year I was all in! I'm excited to get some more pictures taken before Dec 31st. 

Goal 3: make healthy the tradition. 
            I'm still learning the secrets to cooking. And I really like the idea of starting to bring more and more food to the holiday gatherings. This year I think I'll sign up for some healthy side dishes instead of the desserts. Then I'll be helping myself out in more ways than one. 

Goal 4: join in on the ACTIVities. 
            I would love to participate in things like turkey trots and Santa runs this year! My cousin has been telling me about a 5k in OKC that has you run at night through a lit up street of Christmas lights for years. This might just be the year I join him. 
Also, planning something other than eating for holiday get togethers. We use to go bowling every thanksgiving with my cousins. I would take a family outing of active fun over gifts and a stuffed belly any day!

Goal 5: start the planning for Jan 1. 
            This last year was the first time I ever completed my resolution. (Getting to a healthy/comfortable weight) 
I need to start praying, planning, and getting in the mind set for a new fitness goal in 2014! I think I might have 2 real resolutions this year. One being health related and the other being faith related. We'll see what God leads me to. 

Question: 
What will you be doing to stay healthy through the holidays?
 I would love to know what ideas you came up with!

1 comment:

  1. I have found that if I can get really sick over the holidays that keeps me from eating too much and it makes me crave water! So here is to praying for a head cold!!!
    Sorry it took me so long to read this one but I am trying to get caught up today on all my blog reading

    ReplyDelete