Sunday, November 3, 2013

Staying healthy...there's an app for that...

Well sorry for the delay in my posting folks! I was having some techno difficulties (that possibly could have been due to a user error). Do you ever struggle to keep up with technology? I definitely have a hard time when it comes to computers. It is not one of my strong points that's for sure. 

One way I do love to use technology is with tracking my health! There are so many apps, websites and blogs that are wonderful for helping us stay healthy. I'm planning on taking full advantage of these techno services to help me meet my goals over the next two months. (If  I'm being completely honest I didn't do very well at all at sticking to my goals through October. But so far 3 days in and November is going great! Haha)
Georgia thinks workouts are for the birds 

So here is the technology that I'm loving for both exercise and nutrition.

 •Active- my new found love for this app will definitely help me keep up with my holiday ACTivities like I had planned. I got on the other day and saw they had online 5Ks! Have you guys heard of those?! They are so cool! You register just like you normally would for a race and then are given a time period in which you complete your run! I love the idea of being able to still be a part of something and yet not have to stick to a specific place and time. Of course they have more traditional race listings as well.

my fitness pal- this app has been around for a while and I'm sure most of you are familiar with it by now. But I love that it gives you the opportunity to track your food, water, exercise, and weight. It's a great place to store everything you would want to track. 

map my run- another app that has been around for a while to help log all your nutritional needs. I mostly use this app for running because I like the maps and GPS system with it that help track my exercise. But you could also use it for tracking nutrition and water intake as well. 

nike training club- this app is awesome when it comes to wanting a killer workout with minimal planning on your part! You have several options to choose from as far as what type of workout you want to do. Then the app will give you the exercises, show proper form and videos if needed on how to do them, as well as a timer to help you keep up! I HIGHLY recommend this one! And it's free! How could you go wrong? 

the 7 minute workout- you may or may not have heard about the 7 minute workout. If you're interested in reading more about what the New York Times had to say about this bad boy then you can read on here.
It's always handy to have a quick and painful workout stored away in your pocket. And this app is the perfect way! 

the workout mama- as mentioned before I love this amazing woman for making boot camp available online! It was so easy to stick to since I was able to do the workouts on my time schedule and at home. And with the community Facebook page I still felt encouraged daily to keep up the workouts or to try something to really push myself. 

Question of the week: Do you have an app or website that is motivating you to live healthy? Please share!!!

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post Lindsey! I'm at work now but I'm going to have to look up all these apps as soon as I get home! Especially the last one because I need a kick in the butt on working out!

    ReplyDelete