Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Motivation


What gets you motivated to get out and move?
I have many motivators when it comes to getting my butt in gear. But lately one thing has been the main source of motivation...
 
Knowing that I have the opportunity to take a shower at my home has been wonderful!
That's right, our water was turned back on this last week after the plumber came out and approved it. I was just thrilled! Never have I been more excited to wash dishes and fold clean laundry, haha!

Usually my motivation to workout changes daily. 
Here's a list of what helps me stay active:
1. My playlist- this can change with the seasons, but I love songs that I'm really familiar with. When I know a strong part is coming up it encourages me to pick up the pace. 

2. Pinterest-I have a secret pin board where I can pin all the motivating pics, workouts, and recipes that I want without having to worry about people thinking I'm too obsessed. (maybe that's pathetic, but hey)

3. The person next to me on the treadmill, or passing me on the track. There are plenty of days where I hate these people, because I typically can tell that they are faster than me, have better form, or have stayed at it for twice as long. You know how the female brain can be. No shocker there. But when I'm in a great mood while working out, that same person that I wanted to slap in the face the day before, can push me to try something new the next. It's a love/hate relationship. They understand. 

4.  My hubby- When Jason decides that he is going to do something he gives it his all. He has gone back and forth on trying to decide when is the best time of day for him to work out, but when he does it in the morning, watch out! He will be serious about it, and he will not back down. I wish I had that grit at 5am. 

5. Warm sunny days- especially when my legs are as ghostly white as their current state. On these days I could run for hours!

6. Bloggers-I follow several blogs that post great workouts and share ideas. Sometimes it’s just fun to be nosy and know how much they workout in a week. 

7. Personal Best-I love going out for a long run and hearing the “coach” come through my head phones and tell me I’m running faster than normal, or I’ve just completed an extra mile! That’s the best!!

8. Creepers- Sometimes those creepy people on the track or walking in the neighborhood give me the extra jolt I need to make it around them as soon as possible. 

9. That meal that you really shouldn’t have, but if you run fast enough you just might be able to enjoy it and still fit into your skinnies tomorrow. 

10.  My puppy!!! You had to see that one coming. There is no doubt that on days when I would typically curl up on the coach and hide from the world, Georgia forces me out the door. I hate the idea of her being cooped up all day more so than me having to constantly walk her. And I mean who can turn down that face?


Speaking of my puppy wuppy, someone is turning 1!!!
We’re honestly not really sure when her birthday is. When we got her, the vet that looked at her previously guessed that she was 8 months old. Then, after she met her current vet here in Texas they guessed she was 4 months. I’m going with the latter of the two due to the fact that she has matched up with all the other signs of just now turning 1.
Therefore, I am declaring this week her Birthday week! So for your viewing pleasure, as if you haven’t seen enough of her, my sweet pup, Georgia Reese!

 

What motivates you to move?

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOD!!! I just wrote you the longest comment ever and I think it got deleted!!! I can't retype all of that so I'll just have to call you later.

    3 & 8 are my favs.

    ReplyDelete