Saturday, January 4, 2014

Resolutions

Well Happy New Years Y'all!

Our New Years started out in probably the best way possible! With SLEEP! It was so nice I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I was that Jason wanted to go to bed. Usually when New Years comes along I'm looking for something, ANYthjng to do so we can get out and start out our year in a fun exciting way. But this year I was sick. 

We came home from Oklahoma on Thursday the 26th. On Friday I was feeling great and ready to tackle my to do list. On Saturday I started feeling a little under the weather and was hoping it would pass the next day. I went to church Sunday morning and afterwards just wanted to sleep, sleep, sleep! I spent a few days on the couch struggling to breathe. Finally decided to go to the doctor Thursday night and man am I glad I did! They gave me my first ever breathing treatment 
 
and afterwards it was like magic! After leaving I quickly went to fill my prescriptions, went home in time to see the last 5 mins of the Sooner Magic that was going down in New Orleans (*heart happy*)

 and then went to bed and have been feeling SO much better ever since. 


Resolutions!!
I'm not usually one to make just one resolution, I like to make several. Usually this is more due to the fact that I can't decide which one is the most important to me so I just go with all of them and then see which ones stick around ;) 

Last year my New Year's resolutions were all centered around my health. I wanted to prove that I could stick to a healthy diet for the majority of the year. I wanted to finally take the weight off and be at the healthiest weight I've ever been. And lastly I wanted to be able to reach new goals with running. 
I'm happy to be able to say I accomplished all 3 of those goals and was so motivated to do more this year. 

This year's resolutions are...
...........Drum roll please........
1. Get toned
I have to admit I was one of those claiming that I hated weight lifting because I did not want to bulk up. But after taking a body pump class over the summer I have completely changed my mindset! I now know how much better I can feel, look, and how much easier the weight stays off with a little bit of muscle tone. And I also realize now that I really won't bulk up at nearly the way I had in my head. 

2. Have no carbonated beverages
I've given them up before but always gravitate back to them over time. I'm not saying as of now I want to never have another Dr. pepper, but I will commit to it for the year. 

3. Do more to serve those closest to me
(These are not listed in any specific order by the way or else this would be higher)
I've found myself desiring to do more for those closest to me lately. They are so important to me and I need to be more thoughtful about how I will live my life showing them Christs love. There are so many little ways that I could bless my husband, parents, in-laws, sisters, friends, that I let slip away because I constantly put myself first. When in reality I have some free time, and I think this is a great ways to use it! 

4. Find a reason I'm thankful to be where I am every day and focus on that!
For the past few years Jason and I have been struggling to find a way to get back to Oklahoma. It's where we want to be and would ideally love to settle down with a family of our own. But the reality is God has not promised that to us or opened a door to let that happen. He has however blessed us with an amazing life here in Texas. I need to stop mourning what I don't have and start praising God for all that I do! There are many upsides to being where we are. I just need to be more proactive towards changing my attitude. 
5. And a little goal for my pup... Get her off of her meds! 
As I've mentioned before Georgia is on medication for separation anxiety. She has shown some serious improvement and even though we still have a long way to go I do not want her to be dependent on these pills for the rest of her life and most of the vets and trainers I have spoke to sound very positive about her being able to slowly improve to the point where she won't need it. So this is her year!!! I hope. 

I must say I have gotten off to a good start with these goals! On Tuesday I got ready by purchasing some new weights for my first goal listed :) 
I also had a great workout when I got home with them and that has been really the only workout I've gotten in since being sick. 
I haven't had ANY carbonated beverages, and haven't really wanted one until today. I've made plans to help my mom on a project she needs to get done for my next weekend home, Georgia has tapered down slightly on her meds and we have been training like crazy fools. And here are my reasons why I'm thankful to be in Texas this week. 
1.Our Church is a huge blessing in our lives and  I feel we have truly struck gold finding the people there! 
2.My bestie lives here!!! And I love having her near by for this stage of our lives!  
3.Teaching definitely has some advantages in Texas and I'm honored to have that opportunity. 4.And lastly we are close enough to Oklahoma that we are able to go home often and yet still able to be in Texas when we need to as well. 

So that's it for me! 
What are your New Years resolutions? I would love to hear about them! 

1 comment:

  1. No soda!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! So glad that is not my goal!
    I think Georgia is so incredibly lucky to have found you and Jason! I don't know that anyone else would have given the time and care for her. What a great family!

    ReplyDelete