Sunday, September 22, 2013

Big Day for the Pup!

Today was a big day for me and my sweet puppy! 
She passed her canine good citizen test! It was also her last day of puppy training with our sweet trainer Ms. Jane! 

When we first got Georgia she through my life for a loop! It didn't take long to realize that she was a sweet, smart, loving puppy, but that she also had severe  separation anxiety. 
Since I had never seen a dog with this type of problem before I was clueless on what to do and it actually started giving me anxiety! I had no clue how to help her and wanted so bad for her to just be comfortable in our home all the time. 
God is so good and answered my prayer in many ways. One of the blessings that he gave us was Ms. Jane and her dog Pep. 
Pep is a certified therapy dog who has worked her magic on Georgia and the two have become best friends. 

I love the idea of getting Georgia to also be a certified therapy dog, and that is our next goal! 
Georgia was a small puppy when she was separated from her family in the May 20, 2013 Moore, Oklahoma tornado. After that she was in a couple foster homes before coming to Texas with us. So her anxiety is completely justified. But it also gives her a story that I think a lot of kids would be interested in. 
I have always loved the idea of working with children in the hospital. (True story: before becoming a teacher I was under much debate about going back to school for my masters in child development so I could work with the children's hospital full time.)
I think this could be an amazing opportunity for Georgia and I to bless children that are going through a hard time, while also sharing God's love with them on our visits! 
If that is the road that He wants us to go down then I could not be more excited! But if He wants to send us down a different road I'll be excited to see that happen as well. I do know though that God has blessed me in many ways with this adorable puppy's face and I could not be more thankful for her! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm really impressed by the lengths you have taken to help that precious puppy! Not that I ever doubted you! For some reason my phone is having trouble downloading the text you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog! I love hearing the true hardships and changes in your life and how you are positively and spiritually working thru them. You are my inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete