Tuesday, September 17, 2013

foodie

I love to eat, but have had to learn some tricks over the last few years to help me not over do it. So, one thing that I wanted to do with this blog is post some of my daily meal ideas. It will be a source of accountability for myself, but also help throw out some ideas if you're looking to get out of a food rut. 

Tonight's dinner...

Garlic shrimp and green beans with roasted red potatoes...mmm...

 Confession: this is a picture of Jason's plate. I did not eat the potatoes. 
I have a habit of drinking coffee after work when its been a stressful day, and then I'm not as hungry for dinner. 
Lets just say today was one of those days. 

This is one of my favorite easy weeknight meals! Throw frozen green beans and shrimp in the skillet with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. And roast some red potatoes in the oven covered in olive oil and seasoning. This potato recipe is one that Jason found and he really likes it! Gotta love when the hubby finds dinner ideas for ya! Here is the link if you want to give them a try http://shine.yahoo.com/shine-food/tastier-8211-prettier-8211-alternative-baked-potatoes-143900235.ht


I get a lot of questions also about my eating plan. And for the most part I just try to be healthy. Jason and I have tried many diets along the way and have basically taken what works for us from them and this is what we stick with 90 percent of the time...

-no gluten
-no dairy
-no sugar
-as few processed foods as possible

So basically we eat...
-all the veggies we want
-fruit, fruit, fruit! (We might have both been born with a sweet tooth)
-lean meat (preferably organic)
-nuts!!! Neither of us can even imagine what it would be like to have a but allergy. They help us get through the day. No lie

Now let me throw in a disclaimer. I love my coffee and refuse to give it up. And I cannot drink coffee without my coffee mate creamer! So I do have a little dairy and sugar each day. 
We also break the rules about once a week or so, and don't stick to any kind of  plan when it comes to birthdays. 
What can I say...sometimes I'm weak! But I'm fine with that! 

Happy Tuesday y'all!



1 comment:

  1. You said that Jason and you can't imagine having a "but allergy" haha! The food looks delicious and I will definitely be checking out the potato recipe

    ReplyDelete