Wednesday, September 18, 2013

You Got To Move It


The most crucial and rewarding part of weight loss is exercise. You can join in with friends, try things you never thought you would, and completely watch your body transform. It's pretty amazing! 

Learning to run has been an accomplishment for me that I never thought would come. I use to hate to run!  I would beg my dad to write me a sick day pass when it came time for the fitness test in PE. And when he said no I refused to even try. I would walk the entire mile just out of spite. I hated running! 

But hearing other's stories can be so motivating! I have a cousin who started running about 10 or so years ago now. He is amazing and has completely transformed his lifestyle! 
He is now a marathon runner and such an inspiration to me and the rest of our family! After hearing about the benefits for years I wanted to give running another shot. I wanted to prove to myself that I could do it! 


I started out running on my lunch breaks at work. Due to the need to shower afterwords this meant I only had time to do a 30minute run. And after doing this routine about 4 times a week for 3 months I loved seeing myself change! I then completed my first 5K with my bestie and was on top of the world. 

We Did It!!!


Since accomplishing this goal I have tried to set small Fittness goals for myself along the way. The only qualification is it has to be something I haven't done before, or I'll need to take it farther than I ever have. 

This last spring I got back into running and worked my way up to 8 miles! This was a huge day! Huge.

Over the summer I took a body pump class and built muscle I wasn't aware that I had. 

And currently I am participating in an online boot camp with The Workout Momma! (Read her blog. It's good!)

Jason and I have also been going on morning jogs together with Ms. Georgia dog. Usually around 2 miles. 
This is the Best time of the day! I love my extra time in the morning with the hubs and I love that he is pushing me each and every time. 
(Excuse the evil eyes)

I really enjoy switching things up and not allowing myself to get bored! 

Question for the day:
What is your favorite way to exercise?

1 comment:

  1. My favorite type of exercise is doing those walking dvds with Leslie sansone! I feel like when I do those I walk a lot faster then I do on my own. Would you ever consider doing the memorial marathon? I think I'm going to try it again next year

    ReplyDelete