Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas Recap

Well hello there friends! I hope all of you had a Christmas to remember! I wanted to take a minute to share with you a little about mine. When I started this blog it was with the purpose of documenting how I was trying to live out a healthy lifestyle. However I come to realize that the way you live your life has everything to do with what is happening in your life at the moment. Not every day is an easy day to work in an hour long work out or 5 servings of veggies. I think by journaling my life events that surround healthy living I'll be able to keep a better record for myself of the choices that I've made and what I can improve. 

Literally the night that we arrived in Oklahoma an ice storm hit hard. This made for some beautiful winter wonderland views, as well as power outages, and extremely cold temps! Fortunately for us there was no ice that stuck to the roads this time so travel was not an issue. The grass did become one large sheet of ice though, and since I usually walk Georgia all around the property lines and in and out of each pasture this definitely complicated things and made our walks a lot slower.




Jason and I spent Christmas Eve with my family. We had a little bit of a cooking competition going on with our dinner and watched Christmas movies before playing games. 
 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1242447/
The first Christmas movie we watched was a super cute British film called Nativity. 
If you havent seen this movie yet I recommend it! In my opinion its a mix between Sister Act and Daddy Day Care! It's family friendly and will have everyone laughing. Then we watched the classic Home Alone and started on the games that my sister Courtney had brought over. She had several to choose from including a mini air hockey game, which was a perfect  warm up for Christmas Day.

Christmas morning we had brunch with my mom's family. It's always fun to see our cousins and uncles all together. This year we had a full on air hockey competition! We all had so much fun playing each other and determining that my little cousins Grace and Luke have some serious skill when it comes to this game. My arm was also pretty sore afterwards which was embarrassing.



After brunch was over we went back to Jason's parents house to spend some time with his mom's family. There was a bunch of delicious food prepared and we had fun catching up and spending some quality time together. On this side of the family there are two toddlers which make everything so much fun. They get spoiled in the best way on days like this!


One of the unique things about gifts with this family is Jason's dad loves to surprise people every year with some beautiful furniture that he has either salvaged from family heirlooms or made from scratch. This year he made me a gorgeous fold up craft table out of an old desk top that I found! Not only did it turn out beautiful but I know I'm going to love having this table for multiple reasons! He is an amazing craftsman!


When we finally made it back to Texas Jason and I exchanged gift as well as giving Georgia her first Christmas present!


And that is pretty much the gist of our Christmas celebrations! We had so much fun and feel very blessed to be able to see both of our families for each holiday. 

I hope you had a Merry Christmas as well! 2014 will be here in just a few days! Stay tuned to hear about my New Years resolutions!





1 comment:

  1. I really am glad that you loved Nativity as much as I did!!! And I had a lot of fun playing games on Christmas Eve and having everyone bring something to add to the dinner. I think that should definitely be a tradition every year!

    ReplyDelete