Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

I hope everyone is enjoying their holiday festivities so far! We are soaking up time with family and doing our best to relax, eat, and repeat ;)
In all seriousness I have made an effort to continue my workouts since we have been away from home and our daily routine. However, I knew that sticking to a diet this week would be almost impossible! It would require preparing all my own meals separately, staying far away from the kitchen (where everyone likes to be this time of the year), and saying "no thank you" to all of the meals that had been graciously prepared for me  by family and friends. So for this week I'm not going to worry too much about the food that I eat. I know that I feel better when I take in more veggies and less sugar, breads, and dairy so I won't be going crazy. But I'm not going to be beating myself up over eating what I want the week of Christmas! 

This morning I got my exercise in with a good run/strength training combo! It was a high of 24DEGREES when I went out for a run this morning. Incase you were wondering that's about 26 degrees too cold for this Texan girl. I had planned on doing a longer run, and when I first made it about half a mile I realized something was going to need to change so I could feel my toes! That's when I started going into the garage for some strength training. I did one set of a ST circuit then ran another half mile and repeated the process for a total of two miles. Going into the garage several times helped me to stay warm and sweaty throughout my exercise. And man did it feel good to sweat! I hope to get a couple more exercise sessions in during our stay. I would love to go find some different running trails to switch things up a bit. 

Here's what we've been up to so far this week! (Not in order, I'm random as usual😊)
Cutest Christmas hat during our 'holiday hat day'
Snow globe ornaments for parent gifts in the classroom ❤️
Georgia snuggles 
Garrett family advent candle lighting
PJ party day! Complete with the best partner a girl could ask for and bunny slippers (not shown). Whoop whoop!! 

Tomorrow is Christmas! I know this can be a stressful time of the year for some and a lot of focus on the events that surround the season. 
My prayer is that you all feel the peace and comfort that comes with this new born savior's birth! Know that he has a plan for your next year that is far greater than you can dream, He has grace waiting around every corner, and is willing to give you everything your heart can desire if you only ask. 

Merry Christmas!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry but did you just refer to yourself as a Texan??????????

    I'm disgusted! I'm shocked! I'm horrified!

    ReplyDelete