Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving Break 2013

Well hello there strangers! It feels like forever since I have put up a post! Time really goes fast when you're having fun.
Since we last met Thanksgiving has come and gone and let me tell you mine was sooo nice!
We went home to be with family in Oklahoma for a few days over the break and had a great time! We ate things that are terrible for you, spent some time spoiling my pup, and did plenty of shopping! Oh yeah and we walked...a lot!  Georgia always gets a little more energy while we are out of town so in order to not drive everyone completely crazy the little lady and I spent about 2 hours a day walking. This was on top of our regular play time, etc. my goal was to wear her out, and I think it worked! She did so good the whole time! And I think the exercise helped me not gain 100lbs while I ate anything and everything that weekend! 

I did also take advantage of some of the Black Friday sales with my sister Stephanie. We love Black Friday and have been doing it for years! We really could care less about the shopping as much as we just love the excuse to spend some time with family and friends doing what we do best! 
We went out about 10:00pm Thursday night and shopped until 3am. Then we went back to sleep and spent Friday watching Christmas movies, cleaning up from Thursday's get togethers, and... oh yeah walking. Later that night we met up with the fam at an adorable little Italian restaurant to celebrate my sister Courtney's birthday! The food was awesome and we had a great time! 

This year I had two really great finds from the Black Friday sales. One being some new running shoes! Thanks to the mark downs I scored these bad boys that were originally $120 for $45! Insane right? These are my first pair of Brooks running shoes, and let me tell you I'm sold. They are comfortable. I have really enjoyed my runs in them since.I will definitely be keeping my eyes open for them again when I'm ready for the next pair.
I couldn't wait to break them in!

I also scored Georgia a new doggie pillow that she couldn't love more. It's an XL dog bed with a slipcover that I snagged from pet smart for $15! She has definitely grown to like it.

On our way back home Jason and I stopped at his parents farm to walk around some more (I'm telling you I think I walked a marathon that week) and try to get a good family photo of us with the little stinker to use for our Christmas card. Unfortunately we were unable to get a good one of us all looking at the camera. I never thought about how difficult it could be to photograph a puppy with a tripod. I'm in desperate need of a remote control for my camera. Remind me to add that to my Christmas list.
But we had a good time walking around and taking in our last bit of vacation before heading back to work on Monday. 
See what I mean...they're all just...awkward.



I hope your Thanksgiving was just as wonderful! 

Here's a sneak peak at our Christmas card. 

I just went with one of the awkward pics that we got since I had waited until the last minute to get them done and was running out of options. Even though you can't see Georgia's face I think it will work. There is always next year right? 
Now were on to the best time of the year y'all!! It's Christmas!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment